Automobile companies are waiting for the coming year as their profit margins will turn better from January. After all discussions the reason given by the car manufacturer companies is the increase in the input cost of the cars. The increase in the price of the inputs will result in the price hike of new autos. Car Manufacturers who are issuing higher discounts in year-end are going to make up in the profit margins in January and February.
For that matter companies have made a formal announcement so as to let consumers prepone there Plans to Buy Cars in December to get higher discounts , this has helped dealer in liquidating Inventory Stock. On an average basis as seen - The Manufacturers do increase prices of their Car Range by 1% to 1.5% (on their Regular Selling Models), and perform a Price Hike to an extent of 2% to as high as 3% (on Models which have high demand and are on waiting). As Observed on Year on Year Basis, it is expected that in January 2018 Car Prices be subjected to increase.
Expected price hike
1. Entry Segment Cars - Alto, Wagon R, Celerio, Hyundai Eon, Redi Go, Datsun Go - Price Hike - ? 3000 - 5000
2. Mid to Premium Hatchback or Compact Sedan - Tata Tiago, Maruti Swift, Hyundai Grand i10, Ford Figo, Hyundai I20, Honda Jazz, Ford Aspire, Hyundai Xcent - Price Hike - ? 5000 - 10000
3. Hot Sellers (Dzire, Baleno) - Price Hike - ? 7000 to ? 20000
4. Compact SUV - In Ford Ecosport, Brezza, Nexon can witness in Price hike - ? 10000 to ? 20000
5. Mid Sedan, Mid SUV - Honda City, Hyundai Verna, Renault Duster, Hyundai Creta
Price Hike ? 10000 - 15000
6. Executive Range –Toyota Corolla Altis, Hyundai Elantra, Skoda Octavia Price Hike -- ?15000 to ?25000
7. Executive Utility Vehicle - Tata Hexa, Toyota Innova Crysta, Mahindra XUV500 Price Hike - ?20000 to ?30000
8. Premium SUV - Jeep Compass, Isuzu Mux, Toyota Fortuner, Honda Crv, Ford Endeavour – Price Hike-- ? 25000 to ? 50000
9. Luxury Cars (Audi, BMW, Benz) - Price Hike – ?.25000 in there Entry Segment range to upto ? 1.5 Lakh on Higher up range of Audi Q7, Benz S Class, BMW 7 Series
Meanwhile, auto dealers are offering discounts and other offers, in the range of Rs 25,000 and Rs 8.85 lakh, on certain vehicles. Well benefits will include cash discounts and exchange bonuses on selected models by companies including Maruti Suzuki, Honda to the luxury carmakers like Audi.
Well for the recently launched Cars or Facelift Versions like Mahindra Scorpio no Price Hike is expected and even for some model variants will remain un affected of price hike because of the competition and the manufacturers will have to absorb in price hike. This will be done on the variants where the previous price is as such that after the price hike the new price of the car will subject to higher Road Tax Slabs and hence the on road price of the car will increase drastically which might result in less sales of that particular model. Therefore manufacturers will try to absorb price hike on some models.
Models which are expected to be unexpected of the price hike are - Maruti Baleno Delta Petrol, S Cross Zeta, Honda City VMT, Honda BRV SMT, Hyundai Creta E Plus, Honda WRV Vx Diesel are some Popular Variants - where its expected that Manufacturer may absorb in Price hike (in selected cities like Delhi) to not let these Variant go expensive (6 Lakh Barrier for Baleno Delta or 10 Lakh Barrier), as else the final price impact will be much higher due to change in Road Tax Slabs.
On the other hand Honda Car India, Toyota, Isuzu, Skoda India have already announced official Price Hike from January.