After tasting the fruit of success with 800cc Kwid, Renault India will now launch the KWID with 1.0-litre engine on 22nd August, 2016. It is confirmed that the Renault 1.0-litre KWID will be initially offered with the 5-speed manual gearbox while the AMT will be introduced later.
Renault has revealed that the more powerful Renault Kwid with 1.0-litre engine will offer a fuel efficiency of 23.01 km/L. It will fall short of the Maruti Suzuki AltoK10 which is capable of 24.07 km/L, but is more fuel efficient than the Hyundai Eon 1L (20.3 km/L).
Here’s what you need to know-
- Expected Price Range: Rs 3 to 5 lac
- Booking Amount: Rs 10,000
- Engine: 3 Cylinder, 1.0-litre petrol mill
- Power: 67 to 70bhp
- Fuel Efficiency: 23.01kmpl
- Gearbox: 5-Speed MT and also expected is AMT
- Other Features (Expected): Rear power windows, Driver and passenger side airbags as standard, Better speaker setup, All-digital instrument cluster and Touchscreen infotainment system with Bluetooth connectivity.
- Competitors: Maruti Suzuki Alto K10, Hyundai EON, Maruti WagonR, Tata Tiago.
Full Feature List
- Driver airbag (optional)
- Touchscreen infotainment system with navigation, USB, Bluetooth audio streaming and aux-in
- Front speakers (2)
- 12V power socket
- Remote keyless entry with central locking
- Front power windows
- Dual-tone dashboard
- Foldable backrest
- Rear parcel tray
- Front fog lamps
- Passenger side ORVMs
- Body-colour bumpers.