2020 Mahindra Thar gets 4 Stars in Global NCAP Crash Test
New Mahindra Thar 2020 SUV gets a Solid 4 Stars in Global NCAP Crash Test - Check the Safety Features
Mahindra has its XUV300 which has got a full star at the Global NCAP tests and now it is continuing its good run with the Thar getting a solid 4-star safety rating. It has also the highest ever rating for a body-on-frame/ ladder frame SUV tested by Global NCAP so far. Also, the new Thar has scored the highest point in child safety in all of the cars tested by Global NCAP so far. The test for the new Thar was conducted in Germany recently and the base model Thar was tested, with two airbags The Thar also passes the side impact UN 95 regulation.
The Thar in total has got four stars for adult and child occupant protection. The Thar offers 2 front airbags as standard. Driver and passenger’s head and neck also showed good protection. The driver’s chest offered decent protection and passenger chest showed good protection according to GNCAP. The structure was rated as stable but the footwell area was rated as unstable, not being capable of withstanding further loadings as per GNCAP, which is more than what the Seltos from Kia scored recently as it scored 4 stars.
The Passive and Active Safety Features offered in the All-New Thar Include:
- Electronic Stability Programme with Anti-Rollover Protection
- Crash-safety compliant vehicle structure (body and chassis)
- Dual Airbags
- ABS with Electronic Brake Force Distribution and Hydraulic Brake Assist
- 3-Point Seat Belts for Rear Passengers
- ISOFIX Mounts for Child Seats on Rear Seats
- Panic Braking Signal during Emergency Braking
- Built-in Roll-cage for Overhead Protection in case of a Rollover
- Passenger Airbag Deactivation Switch
- Seat Belt Reminder
- Speed Sensing Auto-Locking Front Door Locks
- Vehicle Over-speed Audio Warning
- Hill Hold & Hill Descent Control for tackling Steep Slopes
- Rear Parking Sensors
Explore MYNEWCAR.in. We are an online marketplace which simplifies the car buying process by providing a transparent, convenient & safe purchasing experience. You can get Brand neutral expert advice, Search Cars, Compare Cars Online, Book a Door-step Test Drive with a click, Get On-Road Price, Offers & Discounts and Book your new Car Online.
We also bring Latest Automobile News for our readers including Buying Advice, New Car Launch Updates, Car Offers, Reviews and much more. Not just that, MYNEWCAR.in also provides you with car maintenance tips and car driving tips for your car.
Now you can also sign up for new offer notifications and daily car related updates.
LEAVE A COMMENT