What is a Car Facelift? Which is Better Facelift vs New Car
Difference Between Facelift Car vs New Car - Which one to Buy?
When buying a new car the car-buyer is often faced with a choice so as to buy a car which has just got a facelift to a new car. So what is the difference between the two and what are the pros as well as the cons of buying each? These days, lots of new car, as well as facelifted car launches, happen so it is bound to confuse you. We attempt to change that.
What is a Facelifted Car?
In simple terms the car facelift is basically a car which has been around on sale for a few years and that has been given an update by the manufacturer. The facelift is done for various reasons such as to first freshen up the car and bring the car back in the minds of the car-buyer or update it when a rival new car is coming. Also when some new norms come in, the car-maker also takes this opportunity to upgrade the car. Earlier the car facelift used to be a nominal thing with the styling and a new colour/alloy-wheel design being added along with maybe new upholstery.
However, nowadays, things are different. With more competition and changing technologies, a car needs to be updated to keep up hence a facelift is very necessary indeed. The new Hyundai Verna is an example where Hyundai has changed the interior including the instrument cluster plus touch screen along with new technologies. It also gets a new turbo-petrol to keep up with the times. That is the facelift that modern cars get.
Why Should you Buy One?
There are many Positives in Buying a Facelifted Car.
1. Since the main one being it is much improved now and makes a far better buy because it is a much better car. A facelift means that the car-maker has changed and updated many things that needed to be updated.
2. It also gets the latest technologies which the car-maker can offer, which was not there in the earlier car.
3. A facelift also enhances the looks of the car and it will most probably look better than the one it replaces.
4. Buying a facelifted car also means better resale as it is the newer car which means you will get a better price when you sell it.
5. It might be more reliable than buying a brand new generation car since maintenance or reliability of that is unknown.
What is an all New Car?
A new car as they say is a brand new car which has completely replaced the older one. It is not a facelift since it is based on a new platform and has a new interior plus exterior along with new engines. Unlike a facelift, you get a new model with nothing carried over. You are getting the latest efforts of the R&D and the latest technologies plus you would own a new car which instantly is more attractive when buying a car since we, as humans, like new things.
Why Should you Buy One?
1. A new car is different from a facelift as you are getting a new model instead of one having been re-worked. It is more desirable and attractive to own a new car than a facelift.
2. Buying a new car also means you are getting the latest technologies which might not always end up in a facelifted car due to the cost of having to install it.
3. A new car will get you even better resale value over a facelifted car.
4. A new car will be around for a few years whereas a facelifted car would mean the new generation of that might end up coming in a year or two.
Which One to Buy?
It is clear that both have their pros and cons. For many buying a new car launched a few days or booking a new car not even launched has its own appeal and for many, that is reason enough to own one. A facelift car does not have the same appeal and when buying a car the natural choice is to go for the just-launched one. However, a facelift car does not have a long waiting period nor the unknown reliability question mark which means it might be a safer buy.
Explore MYNEWCAR.in. We are one-stop Online solution where you can Search cars, Compare Cars Online, Book a quick Test Drive and Book Car Online. Our aim is to simplify Car Buying Online experience without any hassles.
We also get Latest Automobile News for our readers that includes: Buying Advice, New Car Launch Updates, Car Offers, Reviews and much more. Not just that, MYNEWCAR also provides you with car maintenance tips and also with car driving tips which makes caring for your car much easier.
We provide Finance, Exchange, Insurance and Car Leasing services, all under one-roof for making the car buying process more convenient. We announce new Offers & Discounts on your favorite cars every month.
Now you can also sign up for new offer notifications and daily car related updates.
LEAVE A COMMENT